Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Did you ever have that feeling, deep down and in the back of your mind, that you've been forgetting something?
I have....for the past week. Then, this morning, as I was doing some re-organizing on this blog, it struck me.
Someone was kind enough to give me a blog award. Now, how on Earth this could slip my mind is beyond me and I have to apologize to Nancy over at Writer's Mark for not getting to this in a more timely manner.
I'm sorry, Nancy!!
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've been trying to keep a "schedule" for my posts and, yes, I realize it's neither Monday, Wednesday, nor Friday, but I think my schedule can forgive me this time.
Anyway, Nancy has been so kind as to think of me for The Liebster Award and here are the ground rules:
1. Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog:
A big "thank you" to Nancy at Writer's Mark! (I love that name, btw)
2. Answer eleven questions posted by the presenter, ask your nominees eleven questions, and list eleven random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate eleven bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
4. Post the award on your blog.
O.k, here are eleven random facts about me:
1. Once, while jumping off a wall, a tree branch jabbed me in the left eye. I had a splinter on my eye lens that the doctor took out with tweezers. The only ill effects were some retinal scratching and I see just as well out of that eye as my other.
2. I love Native American culture and always wanted a Native American girlfriend. It never happened, though.
3. When I was young and my mom would make me go to bed, I would lay there and just imagine things. When she asked me what I was doing, I would tell her "I'm watching the Mark Show." Hey, don't laugh...I was just a kid :P
4. I once bench pressed 300lbs. because I wanted to lift twice my body weight.
5. I still plan on finishing college....one of these days.
6. I met my wife online through playing World of Warcraft.
7. I wish I would have joined the military. At least for two years.
8. I once had aspirations of being a Secret Service Agent.
9. I also wanted to be a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.
10. I love brussell sprouts.
11. I once L.A.R.P.'ed with Bruce Campbell. Yes, the Bruce Campbell.
Now, to answer Nancy's eleven questions:
1. Does your name have a backstory? Were you named after someone, does it have a special meaning, etc.
Not that I know of...though, once, my mom told me what my name was going to be if I had been a girl. Of course, I can't remember it now...
2. What’s the one thing you wish you could brag to everyone about?
That I had a degree in Creative Writing.
3. What’s your favorite word and why?
Actually, I have two... "What if"
4. If you could eat as much of anything you wanted without stopping until you could pop whenever you wanted, what would it be?
5.What’s the one thing you wish you could say to your spouse/parents/siblings/best friend but haven’t?
I can't think of any because I always speak my mind.
6. If you could make someone in your family the MC in a book or story, who would it be and what type of character would they be?
I would cast my dad as a hard boiled, noir, investigator sent to solve supernatural crimes because he's so "non-P.C." and very cynical. It would, probably, wind up being a comedy.
7. If you could be a #1 NY Times bestseller for the one book you’ve written and can ever write, or be a relatively unknown writer of many books, what would you choose and why?
I'd have to say a relatively unknown writer of many books. More options there.
8. Who’s your favorite actor and in what movie?
Claude Raines in Casablanca....he's just so slimy and does 'polite evil' so great in that one.
9. If you could only have a TV or stereo system (and no other music playing device), which would you pick?
A t.v....no doubt about it.
10. Would you rather vacation somewhere hot or cold, and where would that be?
Definitely hot.....somewhere like Key Largo or Key West.
11. What’s your most controversial belief?
These days, it seems, it's controversial to believe in God....but, I do and always will...regardless.
Now, on to my nominations:
Jennifer at A Creative Exercise
Jaybird at The Bird's Nest
Celeste at Words Done Write
Jenn at Scribbles From Jenn
Alison over at Geek Banter
Steven at The Twisted Piece
Sara at S.P.Bowers
Yolanda at Defending the Pen
Julie over at I Create Purty Things
Cynthia at Read is the New Black
Sheena-kay Graham at Queendsheena
As for my scintillating....o.k, I'll settle for random here....questions for the nominees to answer....
1. You get to choose one super power....something the ordinary mortal can't do...what is it?
2. A 'crazy, wild-eyed, scientist pulls up in a shiny DeLorean and says he can take you anywhere in history. What do you tell him?
3. The country or the city. Where would you rather live?
4. Your cat starts talking to you...and everyone else. What's the first question you ask?
5. A meteor is hurtling towards the planet and it looks like the 'end is nigh'. You have about 24 hours left. What do you do?
6. A famous author asks you to ghost write their next book and offers you a ton of money to do so....as long as you sign a contract to never reveal the secret. Do you do it?
7. You get the chance to host a small soiree' with five celebrities from any time period. Who do you choose?
8. Waking up one morning, you find the world has suddenly, and mysteriously, run out of coffee. What do you do?
9. The Zombie Apocalypse has arrived. You have to grab one thing and one thing only as your weapon of choice to fend off the oncoming hordes of undead. What do you choose?
10. Someone gives you a million dollars on the condition that you have to give half to someone else. Who do you choose?
11. Which cartoon....old or new...best describes your life?
Thanks again to Nancy for her kind consideration :)