Seeing as I didn't pick up anything at last night's Oscars, it was nice to see that my blogging pals didn't forget me :)
As if the Ninja Captain, himself, Alex J. Cavanaugh doesn't do enough, he's gone and nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger award. Alex is a true prince among bloggers...very encouraging and helpful and always willing to lend a digital hand to his fellow writers/bloggers. For someone like that to say that I inspire them, is a real honor.
Thank you Alex, I do appreciate it!
So, as per the custom of the award, I'll reveal seven things about myself, then pass it on to three other bloggers who I find inspiring.
- I'm left handed (hence the title of this blog), for the most part. Because my dad would always take things from my left hand and put them into my right, I do some things right handed...such as throw and swing a bat or golf club. Most things, write, eat, swing a tennis racket, bowl, etc., I do left handed.
- I was a huge pro wrestling fan when I was younger. Had I more drive and ambition, back then, I would have tried to make it a career.
- It's hard to explain, but I can make my right pinky finger crack on command. It bends normally and silently, but I can also make a knuckle cracking sound with it and it alone.
- I had a mullet in the 80s.......don't judge.
- Back in the 80s I also used to love wearing bolo ties. I had a bunch of them.
- Before it came out I loudly predicted that E.T. the Extraterrestrial, would be a flop. I also said the same about Top Gun.
- I used to take country line dancing lessons and was pretty darn good :)
I'd like to pass this award along to
three (well, it's supposed to be three, but I'm going to cheat) four bloggers whom I really enjoy:
Elise Fallson---Her video post for the "Re-introduce Yourself" blog hop was amazing and one of the highlights of that hop, for me.
Jaybird over a The Bird's Nest---I always look forward to her down to earth, no nonsense view on life.
Nancy at The Writer's Mark---Always upbeat and always has something interesting to say.
Morgan Shamy---She's always encouraging and very helpful. If you haven't already, check out her journey on becoming a writer...it's great stuff.
Of course, I could say great things about all the blogs I follow...you're all winners in my book, seriously.
Thanks again to Alex for the award!
Other award type mentions....
This month, someone was so kind as to nominate lil ole' me for "Best Commentor". I'm in awesome company with Alex, Mark, and M.L. Swift. So, if you haven't already....go over and cast a vote.
There are a lot of great folks mentioned and, as cliched as it sounds, I'm just happy to have been nominated. Also a big "Thank You!" to whomever nominated me.
Kudos to Misha for getting this going. I think it's a fun and positive way to highlight blogs we might never come across otherwise.
On Wednesday, I'm thinking about re-posting some flash fiction I did a while back, for your reading
You have been warned :)