O.k, I'll admit...I never liked that old Bobby McFerrin song, but it seemed like a good title to run with.
Anyway, my blogging buddy Mark Koopmans gave me a "Happy One" shout-out the other day, which I'd like to now thank him for, so...
Thanks Mark! Oh, and if you don't (by some crazy circumstance) know or follow Mark, do yourself a favor and check out his blog....you won't regret it!
Now, part of this thing is to mention five things that makes me happy and then tag five others who I feel embody that same sort of happiness. (And, yes, I'm going to follow suit and not mention my wife or family because, well, those should be a given)
Things that make me happy....
1. As strange as it sounds, a fat cheeked baby can always bring a smile to my face....
|Come on, how can you not smile at this face?|
3. Music. Whether it's a tune from the 80s that brings back some great memories, some rockin' Surf Music, or a mellow John Denver tune, music is another thing that can always make me smile.
4. Time spent with friends. Since moving down to Florida, I don't get the chance to see/talk to my friends nearly as much as I used to and it's definitely impressed upon me just how much I miss that. Any chance to visit with old friends is a sure fire 'pick me up'.
5. Even though it, sort of, goes along with music, I also really like nostalgia. It's not that I always live in the past, but sometimes a reminder of simpler times (at least the way I see it) can bring a smile to my face.
The five Happy folks I'm tagging for this are....
1. Ella at Ella's Edge
2. Tyrean at Tyrean's Writing Spot
3. M.J. Joachim
4. Samantha May at Writing Through College
5. Tara at Tara Tyler Talks
Now, go forth and spread the love and happiness!