I decided, about a week ago, to make Feedly my "go to" app for blog consolidation. I've tried using Bloglovin', but just couldn't get into it. Since I've made that decision, I've been meaning to clean up my Feedly interface.....I just had no idea it would be quite as time consuming as it turned out.
It seems you have to click on each blog, separately, to move them to another group or delete them. There doesn't seem to be a drop down type thing or listing options.
Now, of course, after I post this someone will say "All you had to do was..." and then reveal a secret that will have me pounding my head on the desk for an hour....
Anyway, here's my thought process on the clean up:
- I follow a little over 300 blogs and not all of them are writing related.
- I decided to make three categories. Writing, Comics, and Bloggers (a catch all group)
- I came across quite a few blogs that no longer existed...at least ten. Deleted, of course.
- Any blog that hasn't had any activity in over 30 days, and didn't have a "hiatus" or "I'll be back" post, I deleted.
- A few blogs, I couldn't even remember adding or ever looking at....these were deleted, as well.
If I deleted you by accident (and if you even care, lol) let me know and I'll gladly re-follow. I don't want to lose any good blogs due to my carelessness!
How about you? Any blog clean-up going on?