A couple of weeks ago I had two blogging buddies bestow upon me the coveted Liebster Award For Excellence In Blogging And General Awesomeness.
O.k, I made up everything past the word 'award'......anywho...
The totally terrific Tara Tyler and the linguistically lucid C.Lee McKenzie , both of whom shared in being in my top ten A to Z Challenge themes, were both kind enough to think of me and my lil ole' blog for this award. And, for that, I graciously thank them....
Thank you, ladies!
As these things go, questions are asked, answers are given, and blogs are nominated, so onto the questions.
Tara wanted to know:
1. What's your nickname? (make one up if you don't have one) My wife calls me "Babe", though I'm still not sure if that's because I remind her of a blue ox or a pig....
2. What genre do you read most? Sci-fi
3. What celebrity would you love to meet? If we're talking any it would be Bob Hope...hands down. If we're talking living celebrities....Lynda Carter.
4. What is your favorite age? Honestly, I've loved them all once I got out of my twenties.
5. Facebook or Twitter? You could have phrased this as "A) Facebook or B)...." and I would have said "B"! I use Google Plus as my main means of social media-ing.
6. What awesome thing will you do when your book is published? Give a copy to my parents...I might even sign it :)
7. What book would you like to see turned into a movie? George R.R. Martin's Wild Cards series.
8. Where were you born? On a doomed planted circling a red sun...
9. Name a place you'd like to visit some day. Area 51
10. Are you a Summer, Winter, Fall, or Spring? Spring!
11. Any regrets? A few...
Lee rebelled, a little, and only asked five questions. She was curious as to the following:
1. Close your eyes. Make a wish. What did you wish for? A happy, healthy, family for my wife and me.
2. If you could do one thing differently what would that be? Finish college.
3. You have month to do whatever you want, wherever you want. Money's not a concern. I'm paying. :-) What would you do? Where would you do it? I would want to spend a month in a little hut on a beach, somewhere. My wife and I hanging out in the hammock and sipping pineapple juice....just relaxing.
4. Do you dream? If so, what's your favorite dream? One where I have powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal man!
5. What's your favorite thing to do when you're not reading, writing, blogging, sleeping? Playing games....board, card, or computer.
Again, a big thank you to Lee and Tara!
Now, taking a cue from Lee, I'm going to rebel a little and not nominate any blogs for this award, but put it out there that, if you've never received the Liebster, you take it as your own. :)
Oh, but don't think you're just getting away with it scott free....oh no. I have a few questions for you to answer, should you snag the Liebster for yourself.
Since they were so good, I want you to pick five questions (in total) from those asked by Lee and Tara and answer them. Simple enough, right?
And, since it's Monday, it's time for another musical offering to get those toes tapping and the blood pumping.
Today it's Loverboy with Lucky Ones
Have a 'lucky' Monday!