Thursday, April 24, 2014

U is for : Ultraman!!



Well, I figured this day would come....I just didn't think it would come this late in the game.

Today, I totally "phone it in" as far as posts go.

Andrew Leon was, indeed, correct in guessing that something 'ultra' was going on today.....as in Ultraman!!



Now, the funny thing is, I did a pretty detailed description of the old Ultraman show in a post from last year. In fact, it was during the "My Favorite Martian" bloghop that the Geek Twins hosted (which was a ton of fun, by the way.) and laid out a lot of what I'd just rehash here, anyway.

With that in mind, I'm just going to leave you with a link to an old blog entry and, I promise, it's totally legit! :)

So, if you want to see my thoughts on one of my very first exposures to Japanese t.v., check out my post on Ultraman, here. If you just want to skip it, I can't blame you :)

Honorable Mentions:  Underdog, U.F.O, The Untouchables.

Tune in tomorrow when I hang up the phone and put out a proper post about a couple of guys who could give Dr. Sam Beckett a run for his money.....

13 comments:

Brandon Ax said...

Now this one is up my alley. I had these on DVD at one point.

Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

jaybird said...

You are doing great Mark! Only a week left my friend. Your posts have been fantastic so far.

Ultraman was awesome.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Watched many a Japanese monster movie with Ultraman.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Never watched Ultraman but as a kid I watched Underdog a lot.

Andrew Leon said...

I always liked The Space Giants better, though.

And I loved tomorrow's show. Too bad about what happened to the guy, though. I remember when that happened.

cleemckenzie said...

All is fair in the A to Z. As to Ultraman, he's a new guy to me. Learn something every day! I'm sure this will come in handy some day. Maybe on a game show?

Lynda Dietz said...

I have no idea how I missed Ultraman in the lineup. I did love Underdog, though, and was pretty psyched to get a bunch on DVD. I may have to check out Ultraman and see what I've been lacking in my life.

Robin said...

I didn't watch this one. And I have no ideas for your "V" post. Of course, I have had a migraine plaguing me today, so that could account for all of my "issues."

Melissa said...

Wow. This really takes me back.

Lisa said...

Never heard of this one! Did used to watch Underdog sometimes, and want to see the Untouchables... Thanks for dropping by my blog, again, Mark!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Ultraman is new to me! Visiting from A to Z Blogging Challenge.

Leslie S. Rose said...

I want an Ultraman poster. How cool is he? Never heard of him, but I think I'm in love.

Tyrean Martinson said...

I remember UltraMan . . . and your post. :) I also liked your Twilight Zone post this year. I remember watching that show - it totally freaked me out sometimes, but it definitely inspired some out of the box thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...